Sunday, February 16, 2014

Freedom

by: Lucas. F. Freedom to me is when you have the right to do things, things such as freedom of speech, and freedom of religion. When we have the freedom to speak our own mind the world is such a different place, I feel if we did not have this type of freedom we would not be where we are today. So I feel freedom is a very big part of who we are, and how we do things. I feel that Amanda Knox was free, but after doing something as terrible as murdering someone she had that right to be free taken away. I have no sympathy for her and I think taking away her freedom would be a good thing to do. I feel that Nelson Mandela and Rubin Carter where not free when they were imprisoned, when you imprison someone it takes away all their freedom, they may be able to move around inside the prison freely sometimes, but by any other means they are not free. Americans today enjoy a lot more freedom then our ancestors did. Our ancestors such as African Americans had no freedom at all, they were forced to be slaves, as opposed to now all people are equally free. The freedoms I cherish the most are the freedom of speech and the freedom of religion. Without these two things people would not be able to enjoy their own religion and they would all be forced to believe in one thing. The freedom of speech is also very important, so that people can speak their minds and tell other people how they feel and what they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment