Friday, January 31, 2014

Chemical Spill

by Lucas. F. My thoughts about this new development are few. I'm not exactly sure what would be the right thing for them to do, but I do think that they could take a few more precautions to prevent something like this in the future. There are many ways that companies can prevent this stuff if they would just be a little more cautious of how they operate. A few of my concerns would be how does this chemical spill effect the animals in the area. If the chemical spill were to get into the rivers and streams it could potentially harm animals in the area. Also how does this spill affect the plant life, if it were to kill off some of the nature in the area it could potentially disrupt the eco system in the area. My family and I were luckily not affected by this tragedy. I do not know anyone personally in the area and I am glad I did not have any friends that had to be put in that situation. I feel like the CDC handled this pretty well, I know that they recalled a lot of the water that had been bottled and packaged in that area, and they also confiscated all of the water from warehouses that were holding any. The CDC also did a good job of notifying the public about this occurrence, I feel that if they were to change anything it would be for the company to take more precautions so something like this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment