Sunday, April 27, 2014

College Composition Courses, Important or Not?

by: Lucas. F. College level composition writing courses are very important. every student needs one, it helps with every aspect of writing. I feel like these courses are very important. In these courses students will learn how to write papers, organize them, and how to make them all around better. I know from experience that these courses really help a lot. I have had a developmental english class and it really helped with my writing skills. Most students don't get the writing knowledge they need in high school. Most high school teachers don't teach students the proper way of writing. This is a great reason to have these courses, that way students can learn better writing skills for future college classes. I know that without these classes I would not be able to write papers as effectively as I can now. Most students don't even get a good understanding of how to write papers in previous classes. If these classes were not here students would have the worst time trying to write papers. During the courses that I have had this semester and last semester I have learned a lot of things that I didn't expect to learn. Before these classes I didn't know how to properly format my papers, I had no idea about all the different type of formatting that can be used. I also had no idea how to make a work cited page. Before I was just copying and pasting the URL's of websites and calling that my work cited page. Another thing I had no clue about was how to make in text citations, which I have found out is very important. With in text citations it makes it so you can't be blamed with plagiarism. Through all the years if my teachers were hard on me with this I would have been getting in all kinds of trouble for plagiarism because I have no clue that if you did not have an in text citation that you can be blamed for plagiarism.

No comments:

Post a Comment